GENERAL CONDITIONS OF GUARANTEE
The warranty conditions are issued in accordance with the legal provisions of the Civil Code Art 1641 and following and Articles 211-4 and following of the Consumer Code.
The warranty covers all elements recognised as defective in manufacture or assembly by one of our approved stations, as well as products correctly assembled, adjusted and maintained in accordance with the instructions given in the user manual.
SWAP-EUROPE REQUIRES A LEGIBLE PURCHASE INVOICE OR RECEIPT, A PHOTO OF THE NAMEPLATE AND THE SERIAL NUMBER AS PROOF OF WARRANTY.
The purchase invoice/cash register receipt validates the warranty period and the photo of the nameplate and the serial number identify the product.
SWAP is an after-sales service provider that manages the product's warranty against construction and manufacturing defects.
SWAP is in charge of organising the after-sales service of the product during the warranty period of the distributor/supplier.The duration of the warranty period is notified on the packaging and/or on the user's manual of the product.The following are covered during the warranty period: spare parts and labour from the date of purchase and for the entire warranty period.For professional use, the warranty is limited to 3 months (unless otherwise stated on the invoice or any other document in lieu thereof, such as the manufacturer's warranty extension)
This warranty does not cover parts known as "wear and tear" and consumables (see exclusions on pages 3 and 4).
SWAP reserves the right to carry out the expertise on any type of product and its components on request, in this case, the transport costs are at the charge of SWAP. If during this expertise, by an approved repairer, it turns out that the product is subject to a denunciation of guarantee, the entirety of the logistic and expertise costs could be re-invoiced to the user
WARRANTY CLAIMS MUST BE MADE ON THE SWAP SITE
NO PROCESSING WILL BE DONE BY MAIL, POST OR TELEPHONE.
The warranty does not cover:
- Start-up and adjustments of the product
- Damage resulting from normal wear and tear of the product.
- Damage resulting from improper use of the product
- Damage resulting from assembly or start-up that does not comply with the user manual
- Breakdowns related to carburation beyond 90 days and carburettor clogging
- Acts of periodic and standard maintenance
- Modifications and dismantling which directly invalidate the warranty
- Products whose original authentication markings (brand, serial number) have been damaged, altered or removed
- Replacement of consumables
- The use of non-original parts.
- Breakage of parts due to shocks or projections
- Breakdown of accessories
- Defects and their consequences due to any external cause
- The loss of an element and the loss due to insufficient screwing
- Cutting element and any damage due to loosening of parts
- Batteries beyond one year
- Damage resulting from the deprivation of use of the product during the time necessary for repairs and more generally the costs of immobilising the product.
- The costs of a second opinion established by a third party following an estimate by a SWAP repair station.
- The use of a product which would present a defect or a breakage noted and which would not have been the subject of an immediate report and/or a repair with the services of SWAP.
- Deterioration due to transport and storage (*).
- Launchers beyond 90 days
- Oil, petrol, grease
- Damage related to the use of non-conforming fuels, lubricants
(*) In accordance with transport legislation, damage due to transport must be declared to the transporters within a maximum of 72 hours after the damage has been noted by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt.
Attention: all orders must be checked in the presence of the deliveryman. In case of refusal of the latter, you must simply refuse the delivery and notify your refusal.
Reminder: reservations do not exclude notification by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt within 72 hours
USE ON PETROL MACHINES :
Type of oil: SAE 10W/30 - Pump or transmission SAE 75-90W
Always make sure to add sufficient oil before starting the machine
Always ensure that there is a sufficient oil/petrol mixture for products with 2-stroke engines
For machines with BRIGGS & Stratton, HONDA and RATO engines, please refer to the engine manufacturer's operating manual.
Repairs will be carried out by authorised engine manufacturers, please refer to their websites.